Clearwater Serious Accidents Attorney
Accidents happen – it is a fact of life. Sometimes we have no one to blame other than ourselves for an accidental injury. There are other times, however, that an accident results from the careless or intentional conduct of another person. Such accidents can happen anywhere and through a seemingly infinite variety of means:
- A pedestrian crossing a street may be struck by a passing vehicle
- A parent shopping in a store with a child may be struck in the head by falling merchandise;
- A family may be vacationing at an amusement park when a ride malfunctions, causing injuries;
- A driver and passenger in a car are involved in an accident, causing whiplash-type movement of their heads and necks.
In each of these examples, an individual can be seriously injured. That person can find that, in an instant, their life is forever transformed:
- Medical bills and treatment costs can be astronomical;
- The time missed from work can be substantial, resulting in past due bills and late notices;
- The injured victim may lose the functionality of one or more limbs and require prosthetics;
- The victim may not be able to return to his or her former occupation;
- The victim may be paralyzed partially or completely, resulting in a loss of mobility and independence;
- The victim may be disfigured, which can result in emotional damages and self-esteem issues that need to be addressed.
Recovery from these sorts of injuries is time-intensive, expensive, and may not ever restore the injured person to the way he or she was prior to the accident. Nonetheless, pursuing the party who caused the accident can not only assist with medical bills, treatment costs, lost wages and mental pain and suffering, it can send a strong message to the offending person that his or her behavior was unacceptable and that he or she must bear responsibility for his or her actions. Contact a Clearwater Serious Accidents Attorney to get the help you need today.
Types of Serious Injuries
A few common types of serious injuries include:
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) is a type of injury that typically occurs as a result of a blow or strike to a person’s head, either from a falling object, low hanging object, or deliberate act of another. Even minor TBIs can result in momentary dizziness and a temporary loss of balance. More severe TBIs can cause significant pain, memory loss, decreased functioning, and wrongful death.
- Paralysis can occur as the result of an assortment of causes. It is estimated by The Reeve Foundation that approximately 5.5 million people living in the United States are living with some form of paralysis. Most spinal cord injuries come about because of a motor vehicle accident or an accident while on the job.
- Limbs can be lost either through the accident itself (such as an arm that is crushed in machinery) or through a medical amputation. In fact, nearly 80 percent of all upper-extremity amputations occur because of trauma or injury to that extremity.
Other types of serious injuries can include:
- Disfigurement or scarring, especially of the face;
- Internal bleeding;
- Wrongful death.
Contact an Experienced Clearwater Serious Injury Attorney
A serious injury can cause immense pain and suffering as well as hundreds of thousands of dollars – if not millions of dollars – in medical and continued care costs. The experienced attorneys at Mike Walker Law have effectively handled a number of serious personal injury cases and are able to help you or your loved one obtain the compensation they need. We will prepare your case by interviewing witnesses and experts to present the most compelling case possible to a judge or jury. Contact our Clearwater Serious Accidents Attorney if you or your loved one has been seriously injured because of the careless or intentional actions of another.